Monday, March 10, 2014

Crafting for Baby - Covered Wipe Case Tutorial from The Modest Homestead


We've got another great project for you in our Crafting for Baby series. LeAnn from The Modest Homestead is here today to show us how she made a covered wipe case for her new little one.

____________________________________________________  


Hey there! My name is LeAnn and I'm so excited to be guest posting here today! I blog over at The Modest Homestead where I love to share craft and sewing tutorials, party ideas and DIY home projects as we work on updating our home on a budget! 

We just had our third little girl (two months ago) and this is one of the many projects I have had on my list to get finished. 

This project is very easy to do and you only need a few supplies to complete it.

Supplies:

  • 1/2 a yard of fabric
  • 1/2 a yard of quilt batting
  • Ribbon or other trim of choice for the edges
  • Wipe case
  • Scissors
  • Glue Gun and glue sticks





First, I cut out my batting just a little bigger than the case.


I used the batting as a pattern to cut out the fabric the same size.



Next, I glued the batting onto the case starting on the top edge. I worked from top to bottom smoothing it out as I went.




Once it was all glued down I trimmed the excess batting off around the edges.



So it looked like this.


I did the same thing with the fabric working from the top front and smoothing it out as I went.




I trimmed the excess off along the edges just like I did with the batting.



To cover up the raw ends I hot glued velvet ribbon along the edges starting at the side. I also heat sealed the edge of the ribbon with a lighter to keep it from fraying.


I turned the ribbon at the corners like this and continued gluing all the way around the bottom matching the ribbon up where it started.


Since the ribbon I chose was a light pink I doubled it so that the fabric wouldn't show through as much.



And there you have it! An adorable wipe case to carry around that matches your style and your budget!




_________________________________________________________
Thanks LeAnn! Your wipes case is adorable! Be sure to check out LeAnn's blog - The Modest Homestead. She has so many cute ideas!


0 creative comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...