Friday, March 14, 2014

Crafting for Baby - Embellished Baby Hats from Like A Saturday


We're back with another easy project for you today. Rachel from Like a Saturday is here to show us how to make some embellished baby hats. Such a sweet gift for the new little ones!

____________________________________________________________

Hello, there! My name is Rachel and I blog over at Like a Saturday. I write about all things crafty and DIY. I'm so happy to be here with you all today!  It seems like I have transitioned from the time in my life where there was a bridal shower to attend every other weekend, to the season in my life where there is a baby shower to attend every other weekend. I have so many pregnant and adopting friends right now! I love to create homemade or personalized gifts for big life events like weddings and babies, but it is hard to keep up when there are so sweet little loves coming into the world!  Embellished baby caps are a super quick and easy way to create a handmade baby gift! 


DIY Embellished Baby Hats {by Like a Saturday}

All you will need are plain baby hats, embellishments and a needle and thread.


DIY Embellished Baby Hats {by Like a Saturday}

Some ideas for embellishments include: Homemade pom-poms Fabric Flowers (handmade or store bought) Felt Flowers (handmade or store bought) Crocheted Flowers (handmade or store bought) Lace Ribbons and Bows Feathers Initials made out of felt or an iron-on patch

DIY Embellished Baby Hats {by Like a Saturday}
Really, the list could go on and on! Simply arrange your embellishments where you'd like them to be on the hat and then hand sew with needle and thread. You want to make sure each piece is secure, both to ensure they last a long time and to avoid any choking hazards. 

DIY Embellished Baby Hats {by Like a Saturday}
DIY Embellished Baby Hats {by Like a Saturday}
The little pom-poms and flowers add a bit of spunk and fun to an otherwise plain hat. You can also do the same for headbands for those sweet baby girls. Simple, but adorable!
Thank you so much to Miranda for having me today! I hope y'all will come visit me sometime! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest

Happy Crafting!
signature


______________________________________________________________

 What a cute and easy way to quickly make a more personalized gift. Especially during the winter months when new babies need the added warmth of a hat. But they're also just super cute! Thanks for sharing with us, Rachel!

If you've missed any of the previous days in our Crafting for Baby series, you can easily catch up. You can also check out the Crafting for Baby Link Party!




2 comments:

  1. these are so cute!!!I love the flowers!
    congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute DIY! The embellishments make such a huge difference. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...