Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back 2 School Gift For Student (with a Poem)

This fun idea is brought to you by Amazing Grace!

This is perfect for a teacher (or a parent) to give to a student.

*************************************************************************************

It's that time! My new students returned to school today! For 5th graders, the first day of school is still fun and exciting. They absolutely love seeing their name on different things in the classroom and organizing their school supplies. I gave my students a special treat for "Meet Your Teacher" night. Each student got one of these with the poem below:


Back To School Magic Snack Mix
The night before school is exciting and fun,
there are always so many things to be done.
Your clothes are ready, your backpack is too.
Your classroom is full of fun things you will do.
There are so many questions that go through your mind,
all types of thoughts of every kind.
But sometimes we all get the jitters down deep
and that makes it hard to fall fast asleep.
So I've made you a magic snack mix, it really is cool.
It will help you be rested and ready for school.
Just eat the snack right before bed
On the night before school starts when you lay down your head.
The snack will help you sleep through the night
And you will wake up in the morning fresh and bright.
I’ll be sure to have this magic snack, too.
And remember, I just can't wait for school so I can see YOU!!!


This was a HIT!!! The students were excited and the parents just ooooh'd and ahhhh'd over them and all my teacher friends asked for the poem so they could do it next

Visit Amazing Grace to say thanks for this idea today!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I am a new preschool teacher and would love to copy this....gotta hurry though running out of time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...