Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Stump Pumpkin!

I don't really post many things I create. (I don't get the time to do as much as I wish I did!) Here is an EASY project I completed a few weeks ago.

First, find a wood pile like this! If your like me, your husband is asked about once a month to cut down someone's tree because he is big, strong, willing and owns a truck and chainsaw! They then ask him to cut the tree apart and haul the wood off somewhere. Somewhere would be our redneck side yard.

Next, have your daughter, who dresses herself, pick out one big, round log and one smaller branch. Cut the smaller one into three pieces (or however long you want the stem to be.) Have daughter model with wood and dollar store spray paint!

Brush off the dirt with a broom. Let your daughter spray paint the logs with corresponding spray paint. You fill in the spots that look a little bare.

After the paint dries, place the smaller log onto the middle of the larger log. If you want, you can nail the stem to the pumpkin or use a dowel in both parts to hold it in place. I did neither since I don't want to "store" this pumpkin. It will just go back on the wood pile.


If I had to do this over again, I would use a primer or heavy duty outdoor paint to make the orange show up better and more evenly on the pumpkin part. I was just using what I had. I also should make a few of these in varying sizes to make it cuter and get a better picture of these displayed, but I should probably get these posted now since Halloween is in a few days!
.

Anyone going to make some of these next year?



Linking to Finding Fabulous, Romantic Home -Show and Tell Friday, Miss Mustard Seed -Furniture Feature Friday, Lit and Laundry - Finished For Friday, The Inspired Room, Remodelaholics Anonymous, Poppies At Play - Creative Cats , Crafts In Bloom, Kojo Designs - Friday Fun Finds, Fingerprints on the Fridge - Feature Yourself Friday. The Girl Creative - New Friend Friday, That's So Cuegly - Craft Concoction, Sweet Charli , Just A Girl , Frugal Friday - The Shabby Nest

post signature

14 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I think the best part is that it is basically free...plus it is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea Michelle! If only I had some stumps laying around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you can keep them out for Thanksgiving! Super cute, and so easy. Your little girl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the rustic, faded look to it. And super brave you for letting your daughter aim the spray paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought when I saw the title of this post was..."Stumpkin"! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! I love it. Rustic and easy! My kind of craft:) I need to find some stumps so I can make some for Thanksgiving. FUN!

    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute, and what a great idea! i need to get orange spray paint to turn a beer bucket into a pumpkin planter. hey, it was from the thrift store, i figured i could get rid of the beer markings easy enough. here's to it going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute idea! I love that she got to spray paint it. I'm not sure I'm a nice enough mom to hand a can of spray paint over to one of the kids. If we had a woodpile, I'd totally make one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a wood pile, but this is a simple and darling idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle - These are fantastic! Love this idea. I have to remember this for next year - so creative and super cute! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's cute... I live next door to my brother in law who has a tree service. Can you say big log supply... I just hope I can copy the crossed foot stand for spray painting... she is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little girl is adorable. That's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...