Friday, April 12, 2013

32 Spring Cleaning & Organization Tips & Tricks

Pin It



 
I don't know about you, but I'm able to be more creative (and all around happy) when my house is clean and organized. As hard as I try, and no matter what kind of schedule I *think* I can stick to, I always seem to get behind on the cleaning. I usually get a hankering to do some cleaning and organizing during the spring, so I thought I'd compile some awesome cleaning and organizing tips. And then hopefully I can get back to feeling creative!!
 
NOTE: Some of these tips and tricks I have personally used and tested, but there are some that I haven't. Therefore, I can't attest to the usefulness of all these tips.
 
 

10.How to Clean Grease Spatters at Ask Anna Moseley 
11.Clean Your Drains Naturally with Family Balance Sheet 
12.Polish Your Stainless Steel Sink at Somewhere in the Middle
13.How To Clean Your Range Filters at Everyday Enchanted
14.The No Scrub Way to Clean Stove Burners at The V Spot
15.How to Clean Refrigerator Coils at Angela Says
16.Easy Homemade Oven Cleaner at One Good Thing By Jillee
17.How to Clean Your Dishwasher at One Good Thing By Jillee
18.Clean Your Pillows at Clean My Space    


We've also got a few spring cleaning tips from our Facebook readers:

Amy Allender says..."I microwave a bowl of water for 3 minutes before cleaning the microwave. All the baked on splatter wipes right off!"
(Amy, I do this too! I've seen things floating around the internet saying to use vinegar, but water works just the same!)

Meredith L. says..."If it's not pretty when it's clean, I won't be motivated to keep it that way! When it looks pretty (i.e. baskets, labels, underlying theme/colors in the decor, nice smells, etc) then I actually enjoy cleaning to keep it looking that way!"

Christie M. says..."My step son actually passed this on to me.. Clean the fans and ac vents then wipe with endust or something similar. It helps keep the dust from sticking. So far it has worked well here, in two months time I can still run a cloth over a fan blade and not see any dust!"
 

Now that you've seen some of my favorite tips, what are some of your cleaning and organization ideas? We'd love to hear them!! If you've blogged about your favorites, feel free to share the link with us! :)

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Thanks for sharing. I just put this one about cleaning ceiling fans up this week. :)
    http://tipicalday.blogspot.com/2013/04/cleaning-ceiling-fans.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips!! Just shared on my Friday Finds post!! Thanks again!!

    http://lifewithleahy.blogspot.com/2013/04/five-fabulous-friday-finds_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I tried to pin it and I can't get the button to work. Is the link broken?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...