Monday, November 17, 2014

7 Non-Traditional Christmas Trees


I know, I know. It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and here I am posting about Christmas trees. But it as on my mind, so I decided to go with it.

We have a little 4 foot Christmas tree that we've used in years past, but that involves putting it on a box (to make it not seem 4 feet tall). And this year, our teeny tiny boy is very, very mobile. He enjoys pulling cords, knocking things over, etc. I can just imagine the chaos that would ensue if we put out a little tree with a tree skirt and all the lights and dangly ornaments. It would probably get knocked over everyday. I don't have the space (or money) to surround it with baby gates, so I'm looking for something a little less traditional this year. Here are some of my favorites!


Arbol de Navidad Washi Tape
I love the simplicity of this tree from Deco Peques! Simple lines of washi tape and an easy string of ornaments! And if little fingers get to the tape, it can easily be replaced.


Christmas Tree Ornament Mobile
A Christmas tree mobile! I really like this one since the "tree" doesn't actually touch the ground. It looks complicated, but Not Martha insists that it's much easier than it looks.


http://www.amerrymishapblog.com/2010/12/mail.html
Here's another simple tree from A Merry Mishap - just use a string of lights shaped like a Christmas tree. This would probably draw the baby's attention the most, but it's gorgeous!



How about some screen and ornaments to make this tree from Ki Nassauer Style. I don't have a screen waiting around for me, but this looks like it could be hung at any level on the wall to avoid little fingers.


tomato cage christmas tree
This tree made from a tomato cage is outdoor, but it would be easy to make something like this and put it indoors, also. Two Twenty One has a great tutorial to make your own.


Felt Christmas Tree finished
Here's the most kid-friendly tree! That's What Che Said made a felt tree that the kids are able to play with. It involves a lot of cutting, but it's so cute.


Any suggestions for keeping a curious baby out of the tree? What's your favorite non-traditional tree?


0 creative comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...