Monday, November 3, 2014

Things are about to get all crazy up in here...


So, things are about to get a little crazy around here...

 
I'm a middle child myself, so please don't be offended by the whole middle child thing.
I totally get how it is to be a middle child and I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings!


When we found out in July that we were expecting, again, it took us completely by surprise. We struggled to conceive for about 3 years before we were finally able to get pregnant with our twins, so we assumed that it would be much the same the next time we were ready. In July, we were still in that sleepless newborn haze and dealing with the emotions of losing one of our twins. Thinking of having more children wasn't even on our radar. But as you can see, God had other plans for us! 
 
It's actually taken me quite a while to come to terms with being pregnant again so soon after losing Jack. It's worrisome, nerve-wracking, stressful, terrifying, wonderful, beautiful, and exciting all at the same time. We told our family almost immediately, but I'm already 27 weeks and we just made the announcement to everyone else this last week. It was incredibly hard to tell people about this pregnancy. It's hard because I didn't want people joking about having twins again, or lecturing me about how another baby isn't going replace the one we lost. Both of those things actually happened (from our family), so I decided it was just easier to not say anything. But now, at 27 weeks, it's hard to hide the fact that I'm pregnant. However, I'm tall, so baby girl has a lot of room to grow upwards before going outwards. I'm also not anywhere close to being skinny, and no one dares ask the fat girl if she's pregnant or just getting fatter. :) Both of those things worked in my favor this time around!
 
But, despite all of the emotions that go with being pregnant after a loss, we're excited. I'm finally able to look at all the girlie things on Pinterest and get excited! I'm drooling over bows and blessing dresses. Dreaming of glittered shoes and pink.
 
So, ready or not, we'll have our little girl here in about 3 months. If I'm lucky, the youngest two will be 13 months apart. If she comes early for some reason, then we could be looking at Irish Twins. It's a good thing Andyroo is such a good helper. Any tips for dealing with kiddos that are so close in age? I need all the help I can get!



8 comments:

  1. A sweet sugar and spice miracle indeed! I will be keeping your family in prayer for a healthy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved reading this!!! praise God!!! We just had baby number 7 a little over a week ago....the more the merrier :) blessings~~angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom had 3 kids a year apart by the time she was 18, you'll do great. Enjoy the blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congraatulations!!!
    I read your blog daily but never comment. But this new is too exciting to let pass unnoticed. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Blessings and congrats<3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...