Sunday, October 31, 2010

Painting My Living Room

This week's Crafting With The Stars theme was PAINT!!! Go check out the drool-worthy projects and break out the paint! You can vote for your 3 favorite projects!
Go to Sew Dang Cute to vote today!


And since the theme is paint, I decide I'll post a little paint project I finally completed a couple of weeks ago at my house.
When we bought this house, all four wall and the ceiling in two rooms were this dark green. Combined with the dark wood trim and dark floors, it was a cave. One of the first thing when we did when we moved in was paint the ceiling white and the walls a very, very ,very light shade of brown. It looks white. I left this wall as an accent wall to paint "in a couple of months." A couple of months turned in a year and a half. I finally painted it!!!!

I usually use tape when painting walls and around trim. but I got a Purdy paintbrush in the mail to try out. People have told me many times before that you don't need to use tape if you have a high-quality brush. I decided to try it out this time. I put my Purdy to the test!

I used the free Glidden paint that I received last year. There was a promotion about a year ago and I volunteered for some paint:) I choose "Avacado."
I obviously painted a primer over the dark green. And then I started with the Avacado. Notice NO TAPE!!!!! I have to say I was sceptical that I could paint striaght lines on corners, wall and around the trim without getting paint on the other walls and trim. I am here to say that a good, high-quality brush makes all the difference! I am sold!!! I promise I will never buy a cheap brush again for a project I care about! It saved me a lot of time not having to tape!

This is what it looks like when painted. I can't believe how much warmer and lighter the room feels just because of one wall. This is the same amount of lighting as in the first picture, but it looks totally different. I just need to decorate the mantle. Someday, we plan to update the tile to something modern, but for now I just painted the wall to somewhat look nice with the tile!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. What a change!! The color looks great with your fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job!! That color is really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so nice and inviting:) love the color:) isnt it amazing what a little paint can do?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I am inspired to do a little bit of painting now, only my "in a couple of months" has turned into almost 5 years. I am worried that by the time I finish my house it will be time to remodel. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...