Thursday, October 7, 2010

Trading Pins and Lanyard

brings us these great tips about a lanyard for Disney trading pins.

A while ago, my friend Joe, wrote about his Disney Trading Pins. The pins are not cheap to buy but he let me know that he had gotten some on ebay for about $1.15 each. I gave it a try and was surprised one night when I forgot about an auction I had bid on. I received an email letting me know I was the winner! Cool! I won 20 pins for less than $1 each, shipped. Thanks to having some money in my Paypal account (from Cash4books), I didn't actually have to spend any money out of pocket.

Once you have pins, you also must have a way to display them. Disney sells lanyards with pins and without. Without pins, a lanyard will run you about $8. I figured we could make one for cheaper than that. I was right. Of course ours are different but I still like them and they are Little Monkey approved! I went to Joann's with a 40% off coupon and bought two yards of Mickey Mouse Belting. There were other options including Finding Nemo, Winnie the Pooh and other Mickey ones. I decided that the Mickey heads would be the best to go with for now. The belting is normally $6.99 a yard. I ended up making two lanyards from two yards of belting. They are not the same length. One is longer, more for an adult and the other is shorter, the one that Little Monkey is wearing in the picture. We will keep some of the pins on the longer one for now and let him use the shorter one for going to Disney.

I am excited for Little Monkey to go to Disney and get to trade pins with the employees. So far he has picked out a few that he does not want to trade. (Buzz, Mr Potato Head with a Goofy Hat and the Monorails) Interesting choices, but hey, whatever he wants! I hope he likes trading the pins to get ones that he would like. I have a feeling Toy Story pins will be at the top of the list. They should be abundant now too with the new movie coming out. I think he will probably also want some Cars, Finding Nemo and Monster's Inc ones.

Thanks What A World

for making us more aware of pin trading and for how to find them inexpensively!!!!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. My brother loves trading pins! He also buys them off of ebay before and has gotten a lot of collector's item ones that way. When my whole family went for Thanksgiving last year (minus me and my family because I was 36 weeks prego), he had created a fun game for pin trading that everyone got into. They would get certain points for trading certain ones and he would have a prize for the day's winner (a $5 gift card somewhere). It sounded fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, these are so cute. how long has your son been collecting? i think i will have to start my three little ones collecting disney pins. they collect the stuffed toys at the moment. we have vintage pluto, mickey and donald. did you make the neck lanyards youself?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...