Friday, February 26, 2010

Big Announcement! CATEGORICALLY CRAFTING

I said on Wednesday that I would have an announcement for my blog. This idea has also been in the works for over 3 months. I got my friend to make me a button a couple of weeks ago and now we can start. On Fridays, I will start something called Categorically Crafting!!! What is this? Well, I will name a category and you link any projects you have in your archives or you can create a new project to add to this!


Won't this be fun? Imagine 100 "burlap" projects or 75 "twine" projects or 125 "wreaths." I will store these so you can refer to them. Redoing a room, check out the "window treatment" category. Want ideas for your kids' playroom? Check out the category called "playroom." Similar projects all in one place! (Obviously, these have not happened yet, but this is what I envision.) If you haven't noticed in the past, I actually have gathered similar projects in a post and attached a link up to it. That was my inspiration for Categorically Crafting.

I will list the three next categories on every Friday post so you can prepare (and anticipate) for the category. This should give you enough time to create a project if you want to!!!


The first category, will be next Friday, March 5, is "St. Patrick's!"

(March 12) will be "Beadboard."

(March 19) will be "T-shirts."

There you have it! The next three weeks of CATEGORICALLY CRAFTING. If I can figure out how, I will add the name of the category to each new week so you can add the specific button category to your posts.

I hope you all are excited about this idea! I have some fun categories in mind. I look forward to seeing what all of you have on your blogs and in your head!

post signature

37 comments:

  1. Michelle, What a great idea! I can't wait for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!!! Whoo-hoo! Lots of inspiration coming our way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!! Good thinkin'! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to all of the amazing ideas that everyone has!
    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun and a great way to get lots of ideas and share them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like great fun..what an idea. Thanks for offering to host such an undertaking,you're the best.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like lots of fun! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea! Can't wait to see all the creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genius idea - looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like tons of fun! Count me in!!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea...nothing better to have it all in one place:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea. So much fun to see ideas grouped.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea - I love it! Can't wait for the first party! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. can't wait to see all the posts!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea! I can't wait to see all the wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds awesome! Can't wait to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. horray for you! another great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great idea! I can't wait to get started. Oh, can I make a request? I REALLY need the kid's room/playroom category... pretty, pretty please?!
    Thanks & God's blessings,
    Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. BRILLIANT idea! So excited for this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea, I love it!!! Can't wait to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fabulous idea! Can't wait to join, and to see all the other inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea! I can't wait 'til next week! Hmmm, what to make . . .

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool, cool, cool! I love the idea of crafting with a set theme. It brings about the best results, I think, because you are forced to work to a clear goal. The Paddy's Day theme is pretty open, but the other two will really stretch my abilities... Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea! Will make it much easier if you are searching for a certain theme to find it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...