Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Button, Button, I want a Button!

For over three months now, I have wanted to start a weekly blog party. I get so many submissions that I am not able to post them all. They are great, but I just can't post every idea for many different reasons. I thought the solution to this would be to hold a blog party so my viewers could post their crafty ideas they created throughout the week and my other viewers could visit their blogs to view them. Over three months ago, I contacted someone to make me a button. (I am just a novice at the technology side of this blogging stuff.) For three long months, I have been put off with excuses and such. I finally decided I would turn it over to my viewers to see if we could find a win-win situation.

Here is my proposal. I tell the details of the party. If anyone wants to create me a button, I will feature their blog (which could include an etsy shop or work out some other agreement.). I get a button. You get free advertising. I've read tutorials on how to create a button so I know I could do it, but I'm throwing this idea out there.

Here are the details of my what I want! The name of my blog party will be WHATEVER GOES WEDNESDAY. I want Somedaycrafts.blogspot.com written on the button somewhere (it can be small). I don't care about the colors. The button needs to stand out (No white background since my blog has a white background.) I would like to start the party next Wednesday and would love to have any submissions to me by this Saturday. If I have more than one submission, I have a few different ideas of how to choose which one I go with.

If you have any questions, please email me at somedaycrafts@gmail.com Submit your entries to the same address.

If you are NOT interested in creating me a button, just be prepared to party at my blog next Wednesday. I will feature/highlight some ideas from the party! Wahoo!

LET'S PARTY!!!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Great idea - can't wait to be at your "party" next week. Hope someone makes you an awesome button!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!

    Unfortunately, my button skills are severely lacking.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to design a button for you. I am a graphic designer and just created some buttons for my blog. Check it out:
    http://baileydoehler.blogspot.com/

    I'll submit a button design to you soon.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting a button too! Good luck. It just overwhelms me a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just sent you one as well - now you're going to have a bunch and not know which to choose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll gladly make one! Sending soon :)

    PS-Check out my new wall art--I think you'll like it as well. Just posted it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...