Sunday, April 4, 2010

Guest Blogger - Get Your Craft On - Spring Ruffle Tank


Hello Someday Crafts readers! I always love to see what fun ideas that are posted on this blog, so I jumped on the chance to do this guest post!
I'm Lynette from Get Your Craft On. I've got one awesome husband and two spunky little kids who keep me plenty busy. Whenever I have a spare minute though, you can find me in my favorite spot in the house...my craft room! I love crafty things, but mostly sewing. I love to sew! My blog is just my little place to show off what I love to do.
My friend and I also have a little shop to help support our crafting habit :) There are lots of tutorials on my blog, so stop on by and check them out! I would love to see what you make! Here are a few of my favorite projects:

Little Girl's Flower Dress


Mod Podge Ceiling Fan



So, the weather here in Virginia has been beautiful! The cherry trees are in full bloom and life seems to be popping up everywhere. I love this time of year and so I wanted to share with you a little springy tank that reminds me of it. I can just picture my little girl wearing this Ruffle Tank with little denim capris running through a field of daisies (cheesy, I know, but totally true). I'm also addicted to buying cheap shirts and then jazzin' them up some how. I even have a linky party on my blog for it...El Cheapo Shirt Challenge.

I hope you try this Ruffle Tank out, it is super easy and super cute!
Now, Go Get Your Craft On and Happy Spring!


Spring Time Ruffle Tank




supplies needed: tank top, 3" gathered ruffle lace, fray check, sewing essentials (machine, scissors, thread, etc), embellishments (fabric, lace, ribbon, etc)


1.) I used a size 4T tank top and 3" lace. You can use whatever size tank and lace you want to, you'll just need to adjust it accordingly. Lay your shirt down and lay the lace across the bottom so the bottom of the lace lines up with the bottom of the shirt. I layed the shirt on my rotary cutting mat so I could line the bottom edge with a line on the mat.



2.) Draw a line with a vanishing fabric pen at the top of where your lace was. Make sure to make the line straight by using the lines on your mat.



3.) Draw the remaining lines on the shirt. You'll want the lace to overlap about 1" and you'll want the last strip of lace to be at the neck of the tank. The measurements for how far apart your lines will be depends on how long your tank is and how wide your lace is.



4.) Once you have all your lines drawn on your tank, take the tank and the lace over to your sewing machine to sew the lace on. Starting with the bottom, sew a strip of lace onto the shirt lining up the top edge of the lace with the line you drew on the shirt. Make sure you secure your stitching with back-stitches at the beginning and end of the lace. When you get to the end of the row, just cut the lace and finish stitching it to the shirt.


5.) Continue sewing the lace on in this manner all the way up to the top of the shirt.



6.) When you get to the neckline of the tank, sew the lace on following the curve around the neck. Once you have all the lace sewn on, go back and put Fray Check on all the ends of lace to keep it from fraying.



7.) Embellish your tank with bows, ribbon, flowers, rossettes, buttons....or whatever you want!



And you're done! Now, bring on the good weather...we're ready!


Thanks again for having me today! For more fun tutorials,

come check out my blog, Get Your Craft On, anytime!

Happy Spring!

Thanks, Lynette!!! That is so super cute! And it is perfect for a warm spring or summer day! Because it looks so easy, I'm totally going to make one for my daughter!!! She'll love it!
If you want a ton of inspiration, visit Get Your Craft On. (She had this name long before a certain party popped up.) You will love what Lynette creates. (And she just made it on SYTYC!!!)
I know she would love to have more followers and she won't disappoint!!! And if you don't have time or want to create these beauties yourself, check out her Etsy Shop HERE. SHE IS HAVING A SALE!!!



Linking to Finding Fabulous, Romantic Home -Show and Tell Friday, Miss Mustard Seed -Furniture Feature Friday, Lit and Laundry - Finished For Friday, The Inspired Room, Remodelaholics Anonymous, Poppies At Play - Creative Cats , Crafts In Bloom, Kojo Designs - Friday Fun Finds, Fingerprints on the Fridge - Feature Yourself Friday. The Girl Creative - New Friend Friday, That's So Cuegly - Craft Concoction





post signature

27 comments:

  1. She's adorable! Cute shirt too.

    Be sure to stop by AtticMag this week for a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the projects. The ruffled shirt is so cute.

    Partying with you tonight.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ all your projects!! They are so inspiring, makes me want to go do something, hahahha!!! Thank you for blogging all your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lynette! She is so CRAFTY!

    Great project! I love all the ruffles! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-ruffled-tank-for-little-girls/2010/04/05/

    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most adorable girlie top I have seen in a long time! I can't get enough ruffles! =-D

    http://classiclyamber.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable and Springy! I have done this to skirts but yet to do it to a shirt, must go do it now! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! I have a girly girl niece that would adore that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is seriously darling! I love the look of the eyelet lace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This screams me! I'll add it to my never ending "to-craft" list! I am having my first linky party tomorrow (tuesday) and would love to have you link-up: www.craftedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes please! I have got to make one of these for myself, I love the ruffles! Thanks so much to both of you for sharing this, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from Tip Junkie! THis is adorable! SAdly...I cannot sew! LOL Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here from Tip Junkie! That's just darling, my 4 year old would luuurve one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's cute! I've got four girls so I'll definately have to try this!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  15. First time to your sweet blog via Twice Remembered. What an adorable shirt. The only thing cuter is your model!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is totally cute! I'm going to have to make these for my nieces this summer! Love it :)

    Thanks for linking at Lucky Star Lane!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun way to dress up a tank top!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you just do the front or go all the way around? It is so cute. You can email me at jdaharrold@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a little cutie! Great projects - thanks for sharing. Love what you've done with the ceiling fan!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, that ruffled tank is so cute! And that little girl is adorable.

    Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is adorable and easy enough, eh? Thanks so much for sharing girls!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dropping by from The Inspired Room. Come see what has inspired me in Blog Land, and don't forget our giveaway ends Saturday night - did you register earlier this week? (at AtticMag)

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  23. How sweet!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...