Sunday, August 15, 2010

Guest Blogger - I Heart Naptime with Chocolate Sundaes - Anthro Flower Shirt


Hey, I'm Jamielyn the from I♥nap time w/ Chocolate Sundaes. I'd love for you to come over for one sometime!


Photobucket


I'm so excited to be guest posting on Someday Crafts! Michelle has SO many great ideas to share. Thank you for all the inspiration!

Today I'm going to share with you a super easy tutorial.


I got my inspiration from this cute shirt from Anthropology. It's cute... but $70 for a shirt is not exactly in my budget! I decided it looked easy enough to replicate...however I thought I would make one for my baby girl (due in October) instead.


I found these onesies on sale for under $2 at Walmart and Old Navy. I thought they could use a little more "frill" for my little girl!


I started out with some satin and organza fabric. I cut them in circles ranging from 4 inches down to 1 inches. Cut them down in 1/2 inch increments. They don't need to be perfect circles. Once you have them all cut, stack them up until you have a good size flower.


Then comes the fun part! You're going to grab a a lighter or a candle and light the edges with fire. Just make sure to go slowly so they don't burn to fast.


Once you have burned the edges they will curl up. Stack them with hot glue until you have a big full flower. Then add a rhinestone in the middle for a little extra bling.


Next your going to hot glue a velro dot to the back. This way you can remove the flower when washing the shirt and use it as a hair flower as well.


Figure out where you want the flowers to lay on the shirt and add velcro dots.


Make sure to use sew tac when gluing the velcro to the shirt. This way when you wash it, the velcro won't fall off, and it will have an extra strong hold. Let it dry for a few hours before putting on the flowers.


Once the velcro has dried, you can apply the flowers. I also add a little satin to the top of the shirt. I love how it turned out and can't wait to put it on my baby girl!!


I also love that it has the velcro dots so you can interchange the flowers.


Add a velcro dot with some hot glue to a head band or alligator clip and you can use the flower as a hair piece! You could really add the velcro dots anywhere... your flip flops, a purse....even a lamp!



I love it on both shirts, but I think the white is my favorite with the fun headband!


Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, I hope you'll all try it out! Come by I♥naptime and say hello! You'll find more fun crafts, recipes, sewing, DIY projects, furniture makeovers, house decor and much more!



Also don't forget to stop by today and link up all your fun projects to our Sundae Scoop and enter the Down East Clothing giveaway.

Photobucket

Thanks Jamielyn! What an incredibly easy and beautiful knock-off. I love that I could make this for my kids or me (or my home!) If you haven't visited I Heart Naptime, now is the time to go! Great ideas that are quite simple, yet sophisticated!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. so cute, i love all your ideas, come over an link up to my party
    dejavucrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! This is stunning! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...