Friday, August 6, 2010

Wedding Gift Galore!


With all the upcoming wedding this month, we all need ideas to give as gifts. Here are a few that I think any bride and groom would love! Link up your wedding gifts ideas at the bottom.

Anything with the couple's new last name makes newlyweds happy! It will be displayed for years (or at least until a new baby comes)! The Creative Crate created this personalized name blocks HERE.

His and Hers gifts are very fun! Make something like this for the bathroom or closet or maybe even a key rack. Lots of ideas for his/hers gifts. This idea is from All Things Beautiful!

Be the guest who gets the most compliments by making a wedding towel cake for a wedding gift. Can you hear the ooohs and aaaahs? The Pretty Policy made this cute You can also make some for the kitchen with kitchen towels or dishtowels, adding gadgets with long handles, like utensils, garden hand tools or anything else long and skinny! Way to cool!

I love these alphabet art photos. They would be great wedding gifts for anyone (especially if you created one with the newlyweds last name)! Read this post at Reinvented by Little Lizard King. She shares how to make these photo words by yourself (with the help of the internet.) See the fun idea HERE.

Monograms on the newlyweds initials with a big ampersand make a great gift! Who wouldn't love something like this hanging on a wall? Are We There Yet? shows how to make these gifts. (via Creative Crate.)
You've seen the fun gifts and signs with words or names spelled from objects. Take that idea one step farther by making a "date" sign or gift using various mismatched numbers. Perfect for a wedding/anniversary! Wouldn't that be fun with the person's first or last name written above or to the side of the numbers? I see this starting a new wedding gift trend. Learn how to make these at Hope Studios. Go HERE.

If the couple is LDS, anything with a temple on it makes a great gift. See how to make these personalized temple blocks HERE at Oopsey Daisy.

I personally think this is a grand idea for a wedding gift. No bride wants to go without knowing the in-laws important dates (namely birthdates). You may need to explain what it is and how to use it in a card, but it will be well-accepted. Learn how to make perpetual birthday calendars for yourself and as gifts for others on Nannygoat.

What wedding gifts can you add?

Please join your crafty post if, and only if, it corresponds with the category and theme of WEDDING GIFTS. (If it doesn't fit in this category, please link it up to Whatever Goes Wednesday.) Link up crafts, decor, sewing projects, food, tips, etc, that has to do with WEDDING GIFTS. If you have joined a WEDDING GIFTS project to a party on my blog before, feel free to add it to this show too! If you have a lot of mirror projects, please choose your favorites. (Please no more than 4 posts per blog). Link to the specific posts, not to your main blog page.


Let's see what you have created (either recently or in the past)!
You can paste the "Categorically Crafting" button onto your blog post. I would love to see these floating around so more people can post their themed projects. I will leave this linky post open until next CC Show. Keep checking back for more ideas!!!
The next 3 Categorically Crafting Shows are as follows
:
August 13 - Back To School

August 20 - Beach


August 27 - Lamps


And don't forget that this coming week is the Back 2 School Bash here at Someday Crafts. I am still accepting tips, traditions, crafts and giveaways for the week. Please email me at somedaycrafts@gmail.com to participate or submit an idea!






post signature

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Michelle! I didn't want to link this up because I wasn't sure if you want etsy shops linked up, but I do sell a lot of my canvases for wedding gifts & I'd love for your readers to see them! My prices are a fraction of the price of big-name companies! here's an example. thanks!
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/33145556/your-own-photo-printed-on-canvas-black

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle!! Thanks so much for the mention...I was SO excited to see that in my inbox this morning! I plan on grabbing your button and linking back her later today...thanks again, I am so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! Thanks so much for featuring my wedding blocks! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I was looking forward to this party and I ALMOST forgot! Phew! I made it! thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are a perfect gift I like the towel cake it looks funny great. lol!

    vitton

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wedding gifts shown by you is excellent. The different types of gifts shown by you are excellent

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to see this blog It looks awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your pretty and nice blog with us.Keep sharing.

    Custom Bobblehead

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...