Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Boy Disney Party and Shirt


Welcome, Mama Thompson!
The author of this fabulous post for boys!!!!

My 3 year-old LOVES Mickey Mouse...really...LOVES. So it was kind of a no-brainer to do a Mickey Party for his 3rd birthday. I had bought the Disney Cricut cartridge a few years back and knew that with just that cartridge I could do a lot.
During his birthday, we were in the middle of remodeling our home, so we decided to have his party at Chuck E Cheese. Also because of the remodeling, I had to pick and choose what I had time to make. I decided on the following three things:
The first thing I made was a "Happy Birthday" Banner.

This cartridge cuts out a Mickey head with any letter or number in the center.
(I cut them out at 5 1/2 inches)



(yes, he HAD to help)
After cutting out each letter to say "Happy Birthday Dallin" and a few extra solid heads in mickey scrapbook paper, I backed each piece with a white square so I could attach the centers of the letters that had centers.


I used black brads to attach the heads together...using the solid ones to break up the words.

I hung it up for the week of his birthday, and then used it as a table runner at Chuck E Cheese the day of his party.
Since we didn't have the party at our house, I decided to make cupcakes so they would be easier to distribute and eat. I made little cupcake toppers with the same cartridge.


I displayed them on my cake stand, with some mickey wrapping paper underneath.

And if I hadn't cut out enough Mickey heads...I did one more.

I made Lil D a shirt. I ironed my fabric to some Heat n bond so it was stiff enough to be cut by the Cricut. I also tape it on, so I am sure it doesn't move.


I ironed on the head to the front and the single 3 to the upper back (didn't want to waste that perfectly good 3). I put it on a green shirt because Lil D LOVES green.

Then I went around all of the pieces with a satin stitch.


The party was a great success. Lil D couldn't have been happier with all the mickey heads everywhere. 6 months later and he still talks about his Mickey Mouse party.

Thanks Michelle for hosting such a fun week and letting me be a part of it. I'm sure our love of Mickey and all other things Disney will continue for many more years!


Thanks Mama Thompson. Visit today and say THANKS!!!

post signature

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...