Friday, October 15, 2010

Ornament Pumpkin

Pier One Imports is selling these beauties for $69. Beautiful, but a bit steep for me. I think they could knocked-off quite easily! Buy some ornaments (preferrably orange, but spray paint could definitely solve that problem)


Then use some spray painted
embroidery hoops like found at Minor Imperfections to make the pumpkin. Use a little bit of fishing string to hold the ornaments in! So cute!
.

Let me know if you follow through on this knock-off. I'd love to see them!



post signature

6 comments:

  1. ou are so creative I love to see yyour dyi projects!!

    I have a Luxurious New Giveaway on my site....Come and enter!!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...so I totally have 2 wire pumpkins that I got last year for a couple of bucks and I had no clue what to do with them this year...guess I will be buying myself a few ornaments...thanks for posting this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this at Pier One! Totally love it...$70 does seem a bit steep!
    Must.Replicate.Now.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shoutout! As I found out though, finding orange ornaments is no easy task. I really hope someone pulls off a closer knock-off! :)
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Maybe some chickenwire and orange ping pong balls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...