Monday, October 25, 2010

The Pumpkin Walk

If you viewed my blog last year, you may remember me showing you the Pumpkin Walk that is put on by volunteers, families and schools in our community. There are about 30-40 scenes created using pumpkins and other props at a local park. Admission is free!
I enjoyed this year's theme. It was animated movies/cartoons. Here are just a few of my favorites (but they were all good!)
.
My son loved the Monster's Inc.

I thought the Sponge Bob scene was great even though I have never seen the show. (Notice the snow in the mountains. It snowed last night. I'm not too happy about that!)

I wish I could have got all the Madagascar scene in one picture. It was hilarious!


My daughter was pretty excited about the Dr. Suess scenes and The Cat in the Hat.


Who wouldn't love this UP scene? Those cute little flowers were painted gourds.

The Flintstones came to visit!

Buzz, Woody and Jessie made an appearance too!

At the end, where you get a Free cookie from Pepperidge Farms, the kids loved visiting with the witch. (That is our friend with us.)


I think my kids stuck their head in every cutout there was! I love this one of the three kids I took the most!
.
I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the scenes this year. This takes place at Elk Ridge Park in North Logan, UT. Does you community do anything fun like this? Do you create these things in your yard?


post signature

19 comments:

  1. This is SO fun!! In a town close by us, they do a scarecrow decorating contest downtown. Similar to this but with scarecrow. These are much more fun though with all the painting and backgrounds!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome idea! My husband works for parks and recreation in a nearby city we live in. This would be such a fun event to plan for next year! Thank you for the idea...these are all so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this! I loved going to the pumpkin walk when I lived in Brigham city and Logan but have not made it the last few years. So fun to see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was super cute! And this is all done by volunteers? Really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved visiting the pumpkin walk when I lived in Logan. It's pretty amazing to see how creative people were in creating the different scenes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was one of my favorite things when we lived in Logan, I think it gets better every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looked like a lot of fun! Loved the Up one, soooo cute!
    XoXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this makes me miss Cache Valley so much. We loved taking out kiddos to the Pumpkin Walk...even the year our son threw up on the way there. :) Thanks for making me a little bit homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I started reading this, I thought it looked awfully familiar! I live in Texas now, but grew up in Cache Valley.

    I swear everyone is more creative up there! Makes me homesick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post also makes me homesick. I grew up in Logan and i loved the pumpkin walk, so many cute ideas. I wish i could take my boys but i guess 14 hrs is a bit of a drive, I'll have to show them these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I miss North Logan!!
    I love to see the mountains in the morning, even if they are already snow capped. The crisp air and the yearly pumpkin walk!! Thanks for sharing with us!
    One day I'll be back to enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soo, funny story. I'm sitting at the computer, checking all the blogs in my reader, when I stumble upon one by the title of "The Pumpkin Walk." I think, cool, her community has a pumpkin walk too! Then I see the theme, and I'm like...wha..whoa...how wierd and uncanny is it that HER COMMUNITY HAD THE SAME THEME FOR THEIR PUMPKIN WALK! So I read more, look at pictures, and recognize the mountains in the background as the same mountains I see everyday, EVIL SNOW AND ALL! Call me not exactly the sharpest tack in the bulletin board if you want.....I never realized that you were in Cache Valley! Seriously, one of my favorite blogs. End of story :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. NO - there's nothing like that down here, but I think that there should be... now who to contact...

    hmmm... I actually think I might have to put some serious work into this - SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who would have thought the girl behind someday crafts lives in the same valley as me! The pumpkin walk is probably my favorite valley event of the year. This year was great and my kids loved it too! Hey, maybe I'll run into you at Joann's or something:)
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one thing I miss about living in Logan. That is the coolest thing to do in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's like walking by a float instead of them moving by you.

    Paul
    www.PaulByronDowns.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for posting these. We just moved from there and my kids have been missing the pumpkin walk - and the snow (we are in NM) They really enjoyed the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow - I miss those mountains! i always loved going to the pumpkin walk, but the picture with the snowy mountains in the back is my favorite. love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...