Sunday, November 7, 2010

Guest Blogger - Organize and Decorate Everything - Kitchen Cup Organizer

Hi, I'm Leanne at
Organize and Decorate Everything.

Organize and Decorate Everything



I was so excited when Michelle asked me to guest post at Someday Crafts. I read this blog daily and love all the great ideas I get that are filling up my "favorites" box. Now I just need to find the time to work on some of them.
.
As you can tell from the name of my blog, I really enjoy organizing and decorating. I believe they can go hand in hand and I try to keep an organized home that is appealing to look at too. I think I've always been organized, but having 8 kids made it a priority for me (I only have 4 living at home now).
.
I also enjoy crafts, DIY projects, gardening, sewing, baking (not so much, cooking) and I love spray paint. I also try to do everything on a thrifty budget. Hubby has been out of work for 6 weeks now (not like I'm counting everyday) so "thrifty" is my motto right now.
Here are a few of the projects I've done in the past.





I love my Family Letter Wall. I actually came up with this idea about a year before I finally started on it. It's one of my favorite things in the house. I've added 3 more letters for my newest grandkids recently.


Clipboards are one of the ways I help my kids stay organized. We've been using them for years. These are their latest ones.
SS859673
After a few hours, I get frustrated and usually pick them all up and throw them in the sink or load them in the dishwasher. Then the kids get new cups out and the cycle starts all over again.

I fould this tray at Target, on clearance for only $2. 40. It's not a bad looking tray, but I only bought it for it's shape. It's getting painted with Krylon paint for plastics.
One of my favorite things to do is change up my Mantel for the holiday or season. I'm sure I do this way too often.


Another love I have is for vinyl, so I'm going to share a project with you using vinyl today. But since I'm being extra thrifty, it's actually shelf liner.
Here is my inspiration for this project. I only have 4 kids at home right now, but most days my kitchen counter looks like this.



Black, of course. If you're new to my blog, black is my "go to" paint color.


I cut some letters out of shelf liner with my Cricut.


Then some circles and laid them out on the tray to check the placemet.
.
I don't measure everything precisely. I eyeball a lot of things. I started in the middle and worked out from there trying to space the circles evenly.
.
Then I added the initals of our first names. Amanda's is the "M". Amanda goes by Manda and the "A" was already taken by Ammon. I really have a thing for black and white so I love how it turned out. Now that I have it finished it kind of reminds me of typewriter keys. Don't ya think?
.
I placed it on the small counter between the stove and fridge.
.
The ice and water dispenser are right on the door of the refrigerator so this was the perfect place for the tray of glasses. Yay, now the drinking cups all have a place of their own and we don't have to guess which one is which.
Organize and Decorate Everything. I would love to have you join me for We're Organized Wednesday link party twice a month. We share some great organizing ideas we each other and there's always a fun giveaway too. Thanks again Michelle for letting me be a guest on your blog. It's been an honor. Hope to see you all soon.


I hope you'll stop by and visit me at

.
THANKS, Leanne!!! I absolutely love this idea! How often do I have a kitchen counter that looks like that too!!!!! Every once in a while I get an email asking about a good blog about organization. I refer them to Organize and Decorate Everything. It combines organization, home decor and crafting! Stop by Organize and Decorate Everything to get some amazing ideas! And head over to the organization parties to see even more ideas out there in blogland. You would be smart to follow Organize and Decorate Everything!!!







Linking to Finding Fabulous, Romantic Home -Show and Tell Friday, Miss Mustard Seed -Furniture Feature Friday, Lit and Laundry - Finished For Friday, The Inspired Room, Remodelaholics Anonymous, Poppies At Play - Creative Cats , Crafts In Bloom, Kojo Designs - Friday Fun Finds, Fingerprints on the Fridge - Feature Yourself Friday. The Girl Creative - New Friend Friday, That's So Cuegly - Craft Concoction, Sweet Charli , Just A Girl , Frugal Friday - The Shabby Nest








post signature


28 comments:

  1. Neat idea. And shelf liner -- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea!! I have 3 that are old enough to grab their own cups and the constant clutter on the counter drives me batty. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mantle !! and all the ideas for cups and the "letter wall". But the actual posting became too much for this lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love this mantle & that tray would be great for when I get too many cups. I've often thought of doing something like this....but I never have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good info! Keep up these nice posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only have 2 kids, one of which is in school all day and yet MY counter looks like this as well!! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! We are a family of four and ours looks the same way. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That glass holder is a fantastic idea! Good for you!
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool. I really need one of these. I'm glad I saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the idea! I showed my husband and he loves it too! 3 boys and usually 7 cups between the counter & table at any given time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea. I sure remember those days when my kids where younger & still living at home. Wish I'd had this pop in my head. Had just the spot on the counter for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have the SAME problem in our house! Great idea!!!! Now if only I had one of those fancy Cricuts. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that idea!! Perfect. I get tired of everybody getting confused on whose cup is whose. This will definitely help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great idea! They do look like type keys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really cute! What a creative way to organize! Thanks for sharing it.

    http://im-in-the-loop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea. You are an excellent organizer. I guess you have to be with 8 kids. I am still hanging by a thread with 2 and 1 on the way. Maybe the 3rd one will bring organization to the mix!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea! I have the same problem so I will be on the lookout for a tray now to do this project- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so smart. We go through WAY too many glasses a day. I've been considering an idea like this! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love love love these!! you are one talented lady!!!

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...