Sunday, June 2, 2013

The 10 Reasons I'm a Great Mom Challenge from The Pink Lab

 
 
My BFF who writes over at The Pink Lab created a challenge to help uplift and encourage other moms. I think it's a fabulous idea. I see so much judgement and tearing down of other moms and I truly wish that we could be more loving and compassionate towards each other. We all have our own trials and things to overcome within our families and with our children. It's impossible to know, just by simply looking at another mom, exactly what they are dealing with at any given moment.
 
This is why I think it's so important that we, as moms, can recognize what the good qualities are within ourselves. Maybe if we can see the good things we do, then we can take some time to see the good things that other moms are doing.
 
So this challenge that Heather at The Pink Lab created is basically to come up with 10 things that we feel we do good as mothers, so here's my list of 10 things:
 
1. My little boy gets practically smothered in hugs and kisses everyday because I love him so much. And he still loves to snuggle me and give me kisses on my cheek.
2. I teach him how to pray and be like Jesus so that one day he can be a worthy of man of God.
3. I take the time to play with my guy everyday - despite all the other things I have to do.
4. I try to teach my little guy to be a little less shy (and more outgoing) than I am.
5. I try to get my son to eat more than Macaroni and quesadillas - and then give him vitamins and Pedia Sures when he refuses :)
6. I take some time to teach my son something new everyday.
7. I let him choose some of the things that we do everyday so that he can learn to be more independent and make good choices.
8. I teach my son to clean and take care of things for himself so that he will be prepared for living on his own (and with his future wife) someday. 
9. Despite the fact that I don't really care about superheros or Star Wars, I take an interest in them anyway.
10. I'm always there for him in the middle of the night when he calls out for me because of a bad dream or when he's scared.
 
I'd love (and so would Heather) to hear about the things you're good at as a mother. You're welcome to take the challenge in the comments or write your own blog post. And feel free to let Heather know what you think of her challenge. :)
 
  
 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...