Monday, March 24, 2014

Crafting for Baby - Baby Room Decor from Me & My Free Time


Someday Crafters!! Welcome back to the last week of the Crafting for Baby series. I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am. So many good ideas and oodles of inspiration. Today, Terri from Me and My Free Time is here showing us how to make a simple piece of wall art for a nursery.
____________________________________________________________
 
 
baby frame1
 
Crafting for Baby - Décor for Baby's Room from Me and My Free Time
 
Hey everyone! My name is Terri from meandmyfreetime.com. I am so excited to be guest posting here at Someday Crafts. Today I have a super cute shadow box frame I made for some added room decoration to a baby's room. This would also make a great gift!
 
Supplies: Shadow Box Frame
2 colors of coordinating cardstock
Adhesive
Dimensionals or Foam Mounting Tape
Stamps ( or a printed image from your computer)
Die Cuts (optional)
 
babyframe5
 
First you will need to cut your cardstock. My frame is 8 x 8, so I started there. Here are my measurements:
 
Brown cardstock: 8x8, 7 1/2 x 7 1/2, 7x7, 6 1/2 x 6 1/2, 5x5, 5 1/2 x 5 1/2.
 
Green cardstock: 7 3/4 x 7 3/4, 7 1/4 x 7 1/4, 6 3/4 x 6 3/4, 6 1/4 x 6 1/4, 5 3/4 x 5 3/4, 5 1/4 x 5 1/4.
 
I used 6 pieces of each color, basically you'll start with the size of our frame and go down a 1/4 of an inch each time. Make sense? I hope so :) Then jut use your adhesive and attach all the pieces together arranging from largest to smallest.
 
Here's what it should look like when your finished.
 
babyframe7
 
Next I used my Big Shot and the Labels Collection Framelits and cut out 4 of them, 2 in each color. If you do not have any dies or a die cut machine you can easily do it without them by continuing to make squares.
 
babyframe8
 
Then you will stamp your image in the smallest shape. You could also just print an image from your computer, if you do not have any stamps.
 
babyframe9
 
Layer all of our die cuts together using dimensionals or foam mounting tape to give it some depth. Add your die cuts on top of your squares and your all done!
 
babyframe11
babyframe6
babyframe2
 
Now you can go make your own for your darlings room or make a few gifts. Until next time, keep creating!
 
pizap.com13754171351691
 
____________________________________________________________-
 
What a cute idea! I love that she showed us how to do with without a craft cutter. This can easily be done with stencils and it's just as cute!
 
Don't forget to check out all of the other posts from our Crafting for Baby series and the Crafting for Baby Link Party.
 

0 creative comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...