Friday, March 21, 2014

Crafting for Baby - Doily Collar Onesie from The Elephant of Suprise

 
We're back today with another fun project from Aimee at The Elephant of Surprise. Let's see what she's got for us...
 
_______________________________________________
 
Hi, I'm Aimee. I love to throw a pretty party, create things for my kids, and make over spaces in my home. And all while staying within a starving student budget! Come see what I'm up to at The Elephant of Surprise!


I have two boys, but just for fun I thought I'd whip up a little girly project. I love Peter Pan collars. I love doilies. Put them together and what do you get? This simple diy onesie!


What you'll need for this project: a onesie, paint and fabric medium, foam brush, doilies, and a piece of cardboard.


Step 1: Insert a piece of cardboard where you'll be painting. You don't want the paint to leak through.
Step 2: Lay your doilies in position, and if you prefer, tape them down to your work surface (making sure not to cover any of the lace pattern).
Step 3: Sponge on the paint of your choice (mix your paint and fabric medium beforehand according to the instructions on the bottle).


And that's it! Pair with a pretty bright skirt or black leggings. Thanks so much for having me on Someday Crafts! 

 
 
_____________________________________________________
 
What a cute idea to dress up a plain jane onesie. I think it really adds some glamour!
 
Don't forget to check out all of the other posts from our Crafting for Baby series and the Crafting for Baby link party.

0 creative comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...