Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Walk

I don't usually blog about me on here, but this is a personal post (including pictures of my cute kids!) Here in Northern Utah/Cache Valley, we have what is called a Pumpkin Walk. People make scenes out of pumpkins at a park with a theme. The theme this year was advertisements. Here are some of my favorites scenes this year.

M&M's. There was a hidden M&M pumpkin in every scene. It was fun to find it!!!
Star Wars!
Love these sheep. The heads were pumpkins. The bodies were tumbleweeds.

Michael Jackson and Co. dancing in a Pepsi commercial.

Where the Wild Things Are.
Isn't Max (my daughter) so scary?
This veggie garden was adorable. The peas, corn, cabbage, radishes! I loved them all! Plus, some of the mountains with no snow yet!!!

I dressed my son dressed in his gorilla outfit to keep him warm! Such a cute gorilla! My daughter was snacking on cheese from a local cheese plant and gingerbread cookie from the Pepperidge Farm plant while getting their picture with the witch who felt like she was Santa. Yummy!
At the end of the walk, there are a whole bunch of these "put your head in these peoples/characters face" things. Anybody know what you call them? Cooper as a runny-nosed Yoda!

Cadence is a princess. She looked beautiful as Cinderella!
What does your community do for Halloween? Do you have any pumpkin traditions?

post signature

12 comments:

  1. What a fun idea.....there is a lot of creativity in that Pumpkin Walk....I love the Star Wars characters!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? What a neat way to celebrate and be creative. I love all the pumpkin displays...especially the garden one. Your kiddos are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea! M&M's are my fav. I am definitely not talented enough to make pumpkin people! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I want to go! I am in Orem - Where is the pumpkin walk?

    PS: I love love love the name Cadence. I actually want to name one of my children Cadence (whenever that may happen)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are darling!!! Too bad we are in St. George and Phoenix, or we'd come take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I moved to Hyde Park a little over 2 years ago, so we've caught it the last to years. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!!! Makes me wish I was a kid again!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Looks like a super-fun place to go. Thanks for your nice comment....we are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pumpkin walks. They're so fun and such a great part of Fall Celebrations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun place to visit. Thanks for sharing your outing!!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place! That is perfect for young kids! Cinderella looks so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...