Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Round-ups

Because I have been a full-time Special Education Teacher in the past, I had a friend ask me today what I should give/make for her daughter's teacher. Her daughter came home with a note from the PTA stating that it was Teacher Appreciation Week and that it would be kind to thank the teacher.

I have to say as I teacher, I loved everything my students (and their parents) gave to me. Just a "thank you" is much appreciated to hear sometimes - even when it is your job. Let's face it, there are some people who say really mean things out there. I loved treats, hand written notes and all little trinkets.

I do have to say that one of the gifts I liked the most was gifts/supplies for the classroom. I know they are boring, but they are very useful and it cut down on what I had to buy for the classroom out of my pocket. Things like tissues, santizers, and other useful supplies were loved by me. My other favorite gift was a book to the classroom library. I would let the student write their name next to me writing "This book was donated to this classroom library by: ___________." The kids loved seeing the book they contributed to the classroom and always felt proud when other kids or teachers read it. The students also liked finding other books that had been donated. TEACHER LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!
Instead of doing a round-up of ideas, I am doing a round-up of Teacher Appreciation Round-ups. I'm sending you to some pretty amazing blogs. I hope you come back to visit mine:)
One Pretty Thing (Go HERE.)

The Creative Crate (Go HERE.)

Tip Junkie (Go HERE.)
UCreate (Go HERE.)
If you do choose to thank a teacher this week in ANY way, I want to tell you thank you! It is a hard job and sometimes "Thank You" is not heard enough!

3 comments:

  1. there is NO WAY i could be a teacher! i love my kids but not 25+ of them all together in a small room! im in charge of taw for our school-our teachers should have an entire month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How timely! I have been thinking about what to do for my children's teachers. I think I will go with classroom supplies and a note. You are awesome and so is your blog! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Thank you for the ideas and for the links. I shared a link on my blog.
    Love,
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...