Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Update Without Paint!


Hello lovely crafters!!! I am often lazy and want to change the appearance without painting...are you like me??? Enter Tranquil Townhouse (she has also painted this shelf, but think of the possibilities with fabric!) First there is this bookcase:
cute right? But then in her infinite wisdom, she took it to this:
Now it is amazing right?? I just love the fabric on the back and also how she has decorated the shelves, since we all know I have trouble with that!! Such inspiration here, wouldn't you say??? We actually did this with a small bookcase that we bought at Ikea. Our first stop is always the discount area, ALWAYS!!! Of course, I mean, after we drop the kiddo off at the forest! We found a really cute shelf that would be hung on the wall, but it was standing upright. So my wonderful husband who also Ikea thought if only we could cover those brackets up??? I then decided to get creative and put scrapbook paper on it. It took all of 5 minutes and now we have a great little bookcase beside my husband's messy desk! Perfect for us!! I hope you all love my little story and make sure you go and check out Tranquil Townhouse and see what else this way talented blogger has painted white HERE!! And don't forget what tomorrow is!!!! Another installment of our wonderful, fun, awesome, amazing Whatever Goes Wednesday!!!! So make sure you come back and check out all of the great posts from bloggers around the world!!!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, got a bit confused in that earlier comment so it was easier to delete! Thank you Michelle and Brandy for featuring my bookshelf makeover. I'm pretty new to blogging and continue to be totally amazed at the lovely sharing that goes on in the blogosphere. I'll be trawling this site for good ideas that's for sure! Thank you again. kxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kerry!! I just loved lurking around yours, you have some great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...