Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Canvas....The New Burlap?

I am calling out a new trend. (Is it ok to do that?) I see canvas becoming the new burlap. It is clean, not itchy, neutral and looks fresh and beautiful in crafts and home decor. It looks a lot like drop cloths - which are already "totally cool."
This lampshade would look great anywhere in my house.
I love this creation by Creations By Kara.
(Canvas rosettes would look great in your hair, embellished on a shirt, jacket or bag. Don't you think?)
These beautiful pillows are made from canvas. Wouldn't you love these in your home?
See them at Redberry Barn!
Is anyone interested in making this a trend in blog land?

post signature

10 comments:

  1. I agree! I love the look of canvas, and it's less messy when you cut it haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree 100%. Your right on the money. I have a canvas project I need to get on here next Wed. I love canvas. It is completely coastal!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you on this one. Those canvas pillows are fab!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very "'new" trend. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree. Let's become obsessed!! :o)

    You're so right-it's so fresh-looking and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle,
    Your a doll to feature me! You made my day!!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think I will start making some of those canvas roses tomorrow. :D I was planning on giving my sons special ed. bus driver and aid a canvas bag full of goodies as a thank you gift. Now I'm going to decorate them with those roses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally used canvas on some Christmas pillows last Dec - I loved how they looked. So yes, I say you can totally call it out as a new trend. Partly because it makes me sound so much cooler than I really am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for featuring my lampshade! Funny thing is, I just featured you today too. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...