Saturday, October 9, 2010

Snow White Outfit

Photobucket

contributes to this our Disney Days.

We are going to Disney World soon, and I can't wait!!! We took the kids last year on sort of a whim, and I was not prepared for what was about to take place(I had never been before). It was MAGIC. The absolute best vacation as a family....EVER! We decided that we wanted to relive the experience.

We have actually been planning this years trip to Disney, and I started to see all the cute little outfits people are dressing their sweet ones in to visit this special place. I have been checking out Etsy, and there are a lot of great things on there. It's almost overwhelming because there is so much stuff.

So I wanted to spend this week showing you some of the outfits that my children will be sporting while we are vacationing....maybe give you a few ideas on what to dress your little ones in next time you are at Disney;o)

Being the thrifty one, I decided that I would make ALL of S.R.'s outfits. This Snow White outfit cost me 75 cents...only because I ran out of red fabric, and had to make a run to Walmart.


Don't mind the arm:o) I was in a hurry before church and was running out of day light:o)

Now I can't take full credit for this idea. The kids were in a summer music class and one of the little girls in the class had a shirt on similar to this one. Her mother makes them and sells them on Etsy. At first when I saw how much she was charging for them, I almost flipped. But after making the shirt I now understand....the sleeves.


These puppies take FO-EV-UH. Cutting the strips(I tore mine....did you know that you can tear fabric in a straight line...saves so much time) Sewing them together, and then cutting them into sleeves. I used a pattern on hand, and the fabric was scraps left over from previous projects. I had to do some fanagaling to have enough for the shirt. But I made it work.


S.R. loves her new Snow White outfit. She squeals every time she sees it:o) Makes me happy:o)

Here's the whole outfit again...


I did purchase some hair bows on Etsy...the kind that are shaped like the Princesses. Hoping to receive those in the mail this week. S.R. will flip when she sees them:o) May hold off on showing her them until time for the trip;o)
Wow! Every little girl would love that outfit. Thanks for sharing

post signature

7 comments:

  1. So cute!! And I'm WAY impressed that you only spent 75cents! Sometimes it`is nice to have a stash of fabric to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! Girls always want to be a princess, and this is just one more way! You've got me thinking. We have Bell, Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel for favorites at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! You are one talented momma! How lucky your little girl is! I actually just purchased a Snow White costume for my little girl and am about to start attempting to make a dopey costume for my one year old... any ideas on that one? lol. :/

    NotJustAMommyAfterAll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I would LOVE to take my kids to Disneyland. We're thinking about going early next year, but I never even thought about doing this kind of thing! Now I'm going to HAVE to!!!

    ~Teresa;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing you can just "whip" that up. You are so talented! That outfit is ADORABLE!! I love those princess shaped bows on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing all of my outfits. I wish that I could say that we had a magical time at Disney, but we all ended up getting sick, and I now have bronchitis:( Hope your trip was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOuld you find sharing the pattern you used for this. I would love to make this for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...